Weekend trip (PICS!)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Weekend trip (PICS!)

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

So my son had a hockey tournament this weekend a bit of a drive from Ottawa, but back to my old stomping grounds :D I was told we were going to Cobourg Ont for a hockey game. I used to live in the surrounding area's, and broke out the long rods! We arrived early on Friday, and went to Port Hope On. I was met by a wonderful lady who told me there was a few fish around, but not biting. I looked into the pool, and for a 1st there was no one there except this lovely lady! I saw fish moving, the water was good, but low. I fished for 3hrs, with a few sightings of fish, but I've done this a few times, and tossed all I could and no luck. After the tank was empty, I threw singles, pinkies, beads, dew worms, all different colors of crappie tubes, even broke out some roe. They would not commit :oops: I was met by another lad who I shared tales with, and he told me the frustration was not only mine. The water has been low with no rain, and he has seen many folks show up to see the odd fish, but not be rewarded for their efforts. I, after 3 hrs of hard core fishing said, "Ok, it's time for a spring thing" I never drift flies in the fall, for they are more apt to hit a single egg, or a bead or for the most part (In my opinion) a fresh dew worm :shock:

I rigged up a Stone Fly, under my set up, and my second drift...................................

Notice the fly in the yap!

This was him out of the net.

This fish made my day!

I tried for another hour or so, and we headed back to the hotel. I was contacted by a LONNGGG TIME friend of mine that eve, and we went back out until 4:30am, with one lost fish.

Saturday was a late go, but I went to a pool in Cobourg, lower to the mouth, for the higher sections are closed. When I arrived, I was shocked to see so many chinooks in the pool (Kind of late for them). I began fishing. I saw so many fish I called my wife who was in Port Hope and told her to bring the kids (7 from the hockey team) Just to witness the fish. They arrived and one young lad was able to hook a chinook!!!! I'll get those pics and add them. Just to have 7 young lads, who were FREAKING OUT at the sight of the fish ahead of them made my weekend more than any fish I've ever caught! 4 of them want to go shopping for waders next weekend! So, the game was at 2:30 I stayed back to try and get a pic fish. Did I mention flies? Well, if not, here you go!

I did land a few chinny's also, but just waited for the silver for pics. Except this one lol, had to get one salmon pic lol

I did land, one, where the young lad forgot to push the button on my camera, which will haunt me, but seeing the kids enjoy themselves so much on Sat, was better than any fish I've ever caught!

A long read, but I had one of, if not the best weekends of my life sharing time with the kids, my wife, my long time buddy, and some fish who decided to say hello :D

We lost in the semi's by the way lol.

Next trip Dec1st weekend!

T.L F.F
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Weekend trip (PICS!)

Post by mitch »

Kevin, repost your pics once you've moved away from photobucket.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

No matter what I try the pics wont load, sorry gang.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I can see them. Nice fish.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Thanks for posting some trib action Float!

RJ
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

THX RJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Great fishing, report & pics Float!
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Awesome! I wish I could plan my kids hockey trips around the Salmon run :)
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Nice to see you doing your thing Floaty! I bet the kids thought you were just a fishing god!!
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Great report and great thinking on your part. One must be versatile in his/her presentation in order to have continuous success while fishing. You sir definitely know what you're doing.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Great report with pix and nice haul
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
Doeun_k
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Doeun_k »

Nice report , i was crushing them there too , they where nailing the prince head bead nymph. On the 6 weight is awesome!!!