Lake Champlain

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lake Champlain

Post by Alby »

Good morning folks,
Anyone have any info on Lake Champlain? Places to stay, launch, etc.

Looking to book half a week next spring for some early bass fishing.

I know it's months ahead, but the workplace needs a big heads up any time I take vacation.

Appreciate any info fellas.

Alby
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Re: Lake Champlain

Post by wallyandre »

Ask you're questions on this website and you will get the best answers from guys that live in Vermont & upstate NY and fish lake Champlain.
http://www.lakechamplainunited.com/
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

There are a couple of guys who make this trip every year. I am sure you will get an answer sooner or later.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

I know for sure you need to reserve EARLY! It always seems to sell out, I had a great place in westport NY but they recently took the rooms we had and reno'd them as a personal residence..
I believe the other guys typically book their hotels in Port Henry, the southern past of Lake Champlain warms up quicker, dirty muddy water.

Big fish Season!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I go every spring to the North end of the lake and fish the Vermont islands. We stay at Henry's sportsman cottages and have stayed at Holiday Harbour Lodge. Both have cabins with full kitchens so you can cook your own meals. They also have docking facilities with power to your dock so you can charge the trolling motor batteries. The north end is much better for smallmouth bass than largemouth so if you want largemouth you should go to the south end around Ticonderoga on the NY side. There are lots of motels around there but I can't recommend any as I have not stayed there.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

We've stayed in Ticonderoga the last two years and it's been good. Lots of hotels.

The fishing is...umm. Fun.

RJ
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Alby »

Ended up booking the first week of May off work; looking forward to making the trip to Champlain.

If anyone else is planning to be there, and want to meet up for a pint and talk shop, shoot me a text and we’ll make it a plan.

Alby