Cape Cod

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BC FD
Participant
Participant

Cape Cod

Post by BC FD »

Hi folks.
Merry Christmas to all.
Starting to plan a trip to the Cape for July.
It looks like most campsites start booking in February.
Anyone been down that way?
We have a slide in camper and a 21" Mako CC that we will be taking.
Hoping to fish stripers.
If anyone can offer some advice ,I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for any info.
Mitch
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Cape Cod

Post by riverdog »

We did the Cape Cod thing a couple of years ago. We stayed in Plymouth, Dennis Port, traveled to Chatham & Provincetown. I did do some fishing it cost me $10 for a license. There was a fishing store in Dennis Port. I caught a few blue fish, what I should've been targeting was crabs easy to catch decent size. I found a few good casting spots around beaches & bridges. There's plenty of stuff for kids all over not sure about your situation mini golf, go karts, arcades. As for your boat you'll want to do some good research of the area if your hitting the ocean, some huge sand bars & very strong currents, the same is advised for swimming around Chatham which has one of the nicest beaches. Best whale watching Provincetown!
We decided the following year to do Nova Scotia Northumberland Strait like it better than Cape Cod for fishing, swimming & chilling.
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
Brant
Participant
Participant

Post by Brant »

I went down that way 4 times last summer. planning on 5 trips this summer. pm me
Brant
Participant
Participant

Post by Brant »

im goinh to Cape cod canal this weekend. Ill let you know whats happeninh
BillyBones
Participant
Participant

Post by BillyBones »

Brant wrote:im goinh to Cape cod canal this weekend. Ill let you know whats happeninh
Hi Ya Brant

June is the time for stripers in the canal. Watch the locals they know the spots. Also watch the tides, seems to be the key down there.
Was down there last June for three days, caught fish every day. The last day was the best, caught 18 fish, biggest was 22 lbs.

Billy Bones
Brant
Participant
Participant

Post by Brant »

I didnt go down for stripers. Haddock. Pollock and winter flounder. Macks were not in yet.