Register

Main Menu

Statistics

Total posts 338908
Total topics 39988
Total members 7494
Our newest member corporategifts

Night ice fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
  • Supported By...

Night ice fishing

Postby jshow89 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:42 pm

Just looking to pick some people's brains, this cold weather has been making my work schedule (hvac) very hectic and I haven't been getting time to get out on the ice much, I think I could get out more if I can find a place to do some night fishing, I typically just target perch and pike which I find don't bite very much once the sun goes down, just wondering if there is any ice fishing I could be doing at night? I think I have heard that guys catch crappies out on the big Rideau at night but don't know for sure. I'm down near the St.lawrence so about 30 mins or so from Rideau ferry, just looking for somewhere that other guys will be out in the general area for safety reasons to get the feel for being on the ice at dark
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Re: Night ice fishing

Postby brucedeniger » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:00 am

It will be really nice to catch fish especially during night.Being a writer, bury with my work i don't usually get time for any such things.
brucedeniger
Participant
Participant

Postby EG3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:51 am

Find some crappie They feed and hit all night long Some of the best ice fishing trips I’ve had have been crappies all night
EG3
Participant
Participant

Postby scarkner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 am

Fish for Ling (Burbot) on the Ottawa River. They are huge, a blast to catch and they bite all night. I often start catching them about 1 hour past sunset until just before dawn. Half to full moon seems best. Glow jig and bit of dead minnow and your all set.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Return to Fishing Talk