Night ice fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Night ice fishing

Post by jshow89 »

Just looking to pick some people's brains, this cold weather has been making my work schedule (hvac) very hectic and I haven't been getting time to get out on the ice much, I think I could get out more if I can find a place to do some night fishing, I typically just target perch and pike which I find don't bite very much once the sun goes down, just wondering if there is any ice fishing I could be doing at night? I think I have heard that guys catch crappies out on the big Rideau at night but don't know for sure. I'm down near the St.lawrence so about 30 mins or so from Rideau ferry, just looking for somewhere that other guys will be out in the general area for safety reasons to get the feel for being on the ice at dark
EG3
Participant
Participant

Re: Night ice fishing

Post by EG3 »

Find some crappie They feed and hit all night long Some of the best ice fishing trips I’ve had have been crappies all night
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Fish for Ling (Burbot) on the Ottawa River. They are huge, a blast to catch and they bite all night. I often start catching them about 1 hour past sunset until just before dawn. Half to full moon seems best. Glow jig and bit of dead minnow and your all set.
LizaLite
Participant
Participant

Post by LizaLite »

My tip would be don't even bother going out after dark. That's when the fish go to sleep ;)
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

LizaLite wrote:My tip would be don't even bother going out after dark. That's when the fish go to sleep ;)
Worst tip ever.
Smitty

Straight shooter
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Post by Nyarlathotep »

+1 for smitty55!
LizaK
Participant
Participant

Post by LizaK »

Writing a dissertation hypothesis is only the initial stage but it is nonetheless very complicated, mostly because the success of the whole paper depends on it buy a dissertation hypothesis online
LizaK
Participant
Participant

Post by LizaK »

Writing a dissertation hypothesis is only the initial stage but it is nonetheless very complicated, mostly because the success of the whole paper depends on it buy a dissertation hypothesis online
Elly
Participant
Participant

Post by Elly »

I want to share with the opposite experience. This cold weather has been making my work schedule very disorganized. I am fully informed that help writing a dissertation abstract has never been better.