Winter catch up...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winter catch up...

Post by RJ »

Wow, mid February already. As I sat here this morning working on gear orders for the 2018 season it hit me it's not that far off!

This winter has been a time to kick back a bit. I fished a bit but really pick my spots to do it, days of beating myself up in -30 are done. I like to mix it up a bit and not just do the same thing over and over again. In the limited time I've spent on the ice I welcomed Lakers, Walleye, Ling, Gills, Crappie, Perch, Pike and one Bass :lol:

Did go South to Cuba for a week of relaxation with our besties Markus and Alison, we had a blast as usual.

Fished for about 2 hours all week from the paddleboats...real serious stuff.. :lol:

Biggest news at our house is this little guy.

When we lost Sinker in July we vowed never again could we go through that pain ever again. After talking to numerous people about their experience it was a client who had the most poignant line there is. There is nothing like the love from a dog, your house and lives will need it. In time, you'll see. He was right. Tucker has won us over big time and not replaced Sinker but added to the love of our household like only a dog can.

Busy few weeks ahead! I'll be at SAIL all weekend for their annual winter clearance event for Shimano. Next weekend is Ottawa Boat Show, I'll be there at least Saturday and Sunday in the Pirate Cove Marina booth. I'll also be presenting on the fish tank on Saturday at 3 PM. Yes, the fish tank is back with lots of seminars every day.

Hope to see some of you in the next few weeks, be sure to say hi.

RJ
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Winter catch up...

Post by riverdog »

"This winter has been a time to kick back a bit. I fished a bit but really pick my spots to do it, days of beating myself up in -30 are done."
I hear you on that! Been many days I choose to stay inside versus going out to sit in my shack in the -20 to -30 days. I figure they'll be there tomorrow or the next day also.
I can't show my wife your puppy she so wants a puppy but between our kids sports & our involvement in them we just don't have the time to commit..so we're cat people.
Hope you get time to get out & slay some more!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

With this warming trend coming many spots are going to get very dicey, maybe we should have went out more.. :lol:

RJ
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Looks like a great season Rob!
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by CCLad »

RJ wrote:With this warming trend coming many spots are going to get very dicey, maybe we should have went out more.. :lol:

RJ

Minus a couple days next week the temps are still going down -8 -11 or so, should be good!
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I'd have loved to have fished a bit more while we were down south but it just never seemed to be on the agenda. lol We dont make the plans down there. lol

Really enjoy the ice updates. I miss it terribly and would love to be out there with ya starring at the vex.