Back from Bassmaster Classic...

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Back from Bassmaster Classic...

Post by RJ »

Back from South Carolina after taking in the Bassmasters Classic. If you've never been you need to try to get down to see it. I spent two days marshaling again this time with Greg Hackney and Gerald Swindle. What a riot.

Morning blastoff...

Both Gman and Hack were awesome to watch for the day!

Full day reports are :

Greg Hackney http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... g-hackney/

Gerald Swindle http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures. ... d-swindle/

Any questions on anything about the Classic fire away!

RJ
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Back from Bassmaster Classic...

Post by smitty55 »

Right on Rob. Looks like you had a great time, I'm sure it's a big highlight for you and congrats on being able to marshal again this year.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

I had already read your posts as soon as you posted them but man, what a cool experience.

Makes me think I need to get out to one of these one day. Being a Marshal would be cool but I'd be alright with just the expo.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Awesome write ups! I could feel the tension, emotions from these guys. Just need lots more pics.

P.S. next time -> GOPRO!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

lape0019 wrote:I had already read your posts as soon as you posted them but man, what a cool experience.

Makes me think I need to get out to one of these one day. Being a Marshal would be cool but I'd be alright with just the expo.
Anyone who follows BASS or simply fishes for Bass should go to this, be warned though. You may never miss another one!

CN wrote:Awesome write ups! I could feel the tension, emotions from these guys. Just need lots more pics.

P.S. next time -> GOPRO!
Thanks Norm. I highly doubt I'd get away with a GoPro :lol:

RJ
Still Chasing
Participant
Participant

Post by Still Chasing »

Wonderful play by play description on your other threads. Felt like I was there (well kinda) and could sense that as professional as the two people you marshaled were and yet just down to earth good people no matter what happened and what was at stake. Would be nice to get more of this by pro's to see how they break a body of water down long before they take their first cast.
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Love the write up RJ!!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Still Chasing wrote:Wonderful play by play description on your other threads. Felt like I was there (well kinda) and could sense that as professional as the two people you marshaled were and yet just down to earth good people no matter what happened and what was at stake. Would be nice to get more of this by pro's to see how they break a body of water down long before they take their first cast.
I've been in 4 different boats at the Classic now and everyone of them were great guys.

They break down water no differently than the top guys who fish tournaments do around here. A little bit of historical research, pinpointing what the fish will be doing at time of event as in pre or post spawn, and some time on the water.

Glad you guys enjoyed the reports!

RJ