Lac de la sucrerie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
mike11
Participant
Participant

Lac de la sucrerie

Post by mike11 »

Hey guys,
The wife and I have rented a cottage on lac de la sucrerie near Amherst. I was just wondering if anyone has fished this lake before? I hear there are lakers and walleye in the lake. Any help would
Be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Lac de la sucrerie

Post by smitty55 »

Here's what I know. Private lake, no public access. Right on the southern edge of Papineau Labelle Reserve. Lake Trout, Smallmouth and some Walleye. Did have Specks at one time. Looks like around 100 cottages, so pretty busy mid days during cottage season, specially on weekends. Focus on morning and evening for fishing, this from a thread I was reading. It's often the best time anyway.
Here's the toporama look. Image
Now the Navionics look. Image

I'm only looking at this from a Laker point of view as if I was going, so the deep water portions and structures. I love the center portion of this lake, it's a rocky valley joining the two deep areas. I've highlighted the areas I would be targeting mostly, although I would likely start by trolling the whole perimeter of the deeper water areas and then go back over areas where I was marking fish and getting hits. With calm water there are also quite a few good structure spots that would be good to jig, specially those two islands, so I would have a rig set up for that as well. Good luck.
This may help a bit. https://translate.google.ca/translate?h ... rev=search

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
mike11
Participant
Participant

Post by mike11 »

WOw! Awesome response!
Thanks a lot Smitty!
Much appreciated!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

No problem Mike. It looks like a real nice lake from pics I saw on some realtor sites. I take it you're there for a week. Hopefully it won't be too busy on the water for you. Btw, are you set up for Lakers?

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
mike11
Participant
Participant

Post by mike11 »

Hey Smitty,
I’m there for 10 nights. I have a few rods with leadcore on them. I was hoping to get into some walleye as well. I messaged a few people who have cottages for rent on the lake and asked about the fishing. All of them responded saving they don’t fish and even one who said my family doesn’t like fishing. Who doesn’t like fishing? Lol
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Right on. Just remember that you can't use even dead minnows anymore in QC.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter