Easter Rainbows!!!! Pics!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Easter Rainbows!!!! Pics!

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

These pics might be a bit big, for it's my 1st time trying a different app to load them.

I got to head out this past weekend to see some great friends, and sneak out for a little fish. We drove down on Fri morning, and went out on Fri, for a quick drift to see the water after the rain. The water was dirty, but we tried for an hr, and nothing. We woke EARLY on Sat, and headed down. The water was not bad, but not great at 6:30 am.

We picked a spot, and just after 7:30 I plucked my first out of the drink.

My wife had to run to the ladies room, so I got one right after she left. My phone takes poopy pics, so I did not get one of the second.

We fished until noon ish, and went for lunch. We saw 4 other fish hooked between 30 other anglers. Not what I was expecting, with the rain, and the push that should have gone through.

We decided to go a little higher on the Creek, and everyone who was in the pool was fishing roe. I don't eat fish, so I Barely fish roe. I was excited, for I use artificials, and told my wife the plan. We started with flies, and I swapped out for a pink worm..... Then, 3rd drift, fish on! I was surprised, for it was a drop back, who had done her thing and was spawned out. Great to see, don't get me wrong! Just seems early, but I don't keep fish, so a tug is a tug!!!

My wife lost one on a fly, and we were done for the day.

I said one more drift....... Sorry hunny, I lied, FISH ON LOL!

That was it after that. Tiered and whooped, we went back to our friends place for a great meal, and some sap boiling.

Hope everyone had a Great Easter, and I may go down once more for a trib fish. And thanks to Tia, for the link for the pics!

T.L F.F
ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Easter Rainbows!!!! Pics!

Post by ShawnD »

Awesome!!
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Nice report - good to see Float back on the spring steel!!
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

FLOAT!!! Love it!!! I knew once i started reading that you were using artificial I said out loud "pink worm!!" you are the master of landing rainbows on the pink worm! What an awesome weekend for you guys. I love that house right behind you too - imagine having that creek in your back yard! Tell my bestie I said hi!! :lol:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Snag, your bestie sends her love :lol: I Won't lie, for all 4 came on the pinkie. I lost 2 on the fly, and Tracy lost one. Though, it was a pink worm day. Anything else seemed to take the back seat.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Wow! Nice fish!!