Darling long lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
icantfish
Participant
Participant

Darling long lake

Post by icantfish »

Anyone know if there is still walleye in Darling long and whether its still accessible? I used to love this lake but noticed the gate closed last time I drove by. Perhaps I can access via 4x4 back way
Acarrier
Participant
Participant

Re: Darling long lake

Post by Acarrier »

I was there fishing with a few buddies last fall. We caught and released 5 walleye and 15 bass in a 4hour period. We accessed through the trail off the 511
icantfish
Participant
Participant

Post by icantfish »

There wasn't any bass in there last time I was there (which was a few years ago) only perch, walleye and sunfish and brown bullhead
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Yea I've never heard of bass in there either. I did catch about a 3lb black bullhead there though off the rocks by the main launch on a live minnow under a bobber. Talk about disappointment. Plenty of suckers in there too.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
mike11
Participant
Participant

Post by mike11 »

Up untill a cpl years ago I had never caught a bass there either. But now the lake is full
Of them!
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

Anyone know if you can access mud lake ny canoe thrpugh the creek that runs from darling?
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Post by pickereye chaser »

is this lake still accessible off of the 511 if gate is open? I noticed it had no trespassing signs with gate open this weekend. Did not want to trespass so did not travel down.

thanks for any advice

PMs welcome