Bite on the ottawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
crwalker1987
Participant
Participant

Bite on the ottawa

Post by crwalker1987 »

Anyone had any luck on the Ottawa? Went out for pike and not so much as a bite. Is it too early with the cool waters?

Cheers

Chris
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Bite on the ottawa

Post by CCLad »

I fished my reg spring walleye spot on the opener Fri night with my son. Bite wasn't on. We ended up catching 5 walleye, 2 ok just under the slot and 3 small ones. I found some warmer water (by 1.5 degrees) and that is where we picked up the eyes. I'd say things are a little behind schedule on the Ottawa...
CCLad.
Daboss
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Daboss »

Was out all day Friday, 3 medium pike in the warmer bays.
Damn right I'm good in the sack...I can sleep for hours!
gfumerton
Participant
Participant

Post by gfumerton »

Actually I was out on the 20th of May and the bite was fantastic. With the water being higher than normal I ended up in a few bays that I cannot get into normally because of the weeds and water depth. We must have caught at least 25 fish and no pencil pikes most were a decent size.

We were fishing on the Quebec side of the Ottawa about a kilometer from Braeside. There are a number bays but I would hurry as the water levels will be adjusted very soon.

<*)))))<
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Bites been rather good fishing ledges for walleye and shallow bays for pike. Water is warming quick!
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Walleye and Pike have been good for me on cloudy non Gar days with clients. 3 to 4 feet of water in old dead standing reeds. Crazy pattern but it's consistent.

RJ