Should I talk to those person or people

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
laker-007
Participant
Participant

Should I talk to those person or people

Post by laker-007 »

Hi,

I am new here and go fishing along the Rideau River for crappie. Sometimes I saw the person or people who belong to the one kind of group tried to keep the walleyes under size or out of the season. Mostly I told them it was too small to keep. But this evening I did the same way around Kars but felt he got mad on me. Should I continue, give up or leave it to the officer? Any suggestion?

Thanks,
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Should I talk to those person or people

Post by zippyfx »

Getting directly involved can be a risk... You'll have to use your judgement and to see if people are just not aware of the regulations or breaking them.

If in doubt stay safe.

If you have an opportunity to do so call the Ministry Hotline : 1-877-TIPS MNR (1-877-847-7667)
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Trying to tell someone they are breaking the law is a dicey one. Some literally have no idea they are and others do and don't care. It's a 50/50 chance when you approach someone.

Just imagine you aren't wearing your seat belt and someone pulled up beside you at a light to tell you that you are breaking the law, how would you react? I'd tell ya to pound salt... :lol:

If it's the same person in the same spot all the time call the TIPS line and let the people who are paid to deal with it handle it.

RJ
laker-007
Participant
Participant

Post by laker-007 »

thanks, zippyfx and RJ for your suggestions.

Much appreciated.