Sharbot Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
colossalboom
Participant
Participant

Sharbot Lake

Post by colossalboom »

Hi folks,

I’m going to be fishing Sharbot Lake for the first time next week and I’m wondering if anyone would care to offer any suggestions that might give an idea where to start. Generally targeting bass/pike/walleye. How is the lake for navigation? Are hazards clearly marked? Best place to launch a 21 foot bass boat? West lake or east lake?

Much appreciation in advance for any tips. Thanks!
Young Tackle Supply
Participant
Participant

Re: Sharbot Lake

Post by Young Tackle Supply »

Good morning,

I have never been on Sharbot as I fish closer to Parham. There is a launch in front of the doctors office, on Hwy 38; this is on the south side of town beside the old train trestle. Enjoy.
Malyon18
Participant
Participant

Re: Sharbot Lake

Post by Malyon18 »

I’ve fished sharbot a couple times in the past. I always used the provincial launch, go in early and just pay when I leave, never had a problem. Also from what I remember the east side of the lakes has lots of shallow areas so be cautious when zipping around. I always fished on the west side of the lake for bass, walleye and lakers.