Twins!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Twins!

Post by BigC »

Been a while since I've seen any fish pics on here so I thought I'd share a couple of dandies that started off our 2018 season.

Opening day was a long 13 hour grind before we decided to troll for a bit...well about 20 mins later Mike had a nice one grab the bait and the line started peeling, He jumps up grabs his rod and the reel pops off (check your terminal tackle!!) not once but twice during the battle. Needless to say the fish was well hooked and really had no chance at getting off. Thank God.
IMG_20180615_171520.jpg
IMG_20180615_171520.jpg (73.15 KiB) Viewed 6904 times
IMG_20180615_171526_1_edit.jpg
IMG_20180615_171526_1_edit.jpg (80.89 KiB) Viewed 6902 times
Almost an hour later to the second his rod fires again and he's got a nice "little" 39 incher on, do we have a pattern?

Mike and I like to give each other the gears, really is part of the fishing experience when out with Mike. So near the end of the day he starts in with how I better step up and how he caught 2 on the first day and how it's going to be a long year for me if he keeps up this pace, you know the regular crazy talk from a crazy man.

I go home pretty excited about the MCI outing the following day as "we" caught two fish, maybe we'll catch one during the outing and get on the board. So we're at it pretty early on second day of the season, we cast some spots but as the early morning minor rolls around Mike says, "why aren't we trolling?" Good question, I immediately agree we should be trolling. 20 minutes later my rod fires, I'm short line trolling and have only like 12' of line behind the boat. I grab the rod and say, "mid 30's take your time", like I know what I'm doing or something :roll: :roll: . Mike gets his gear in and the net ready. I've been just super slowly reeling in the fish with barely any weight at the end of the rod and no fight what-so-ever from the fish so she's right under the boat now. I give the "you ready" to Mike he's like "I'm ready" well I don't think either of us was ready. It was like a scene out of Swamp People when that head popped into view we were both like that's not a mid 30's and that's when the fish decided it was time to fight. dove under the boat, pulled her back up she took a run to the side and then brought her back and Mike tried to scoop her in and the lure gets hung up on the net, I'm yelling "scoop her, scoop her" as I look down only to see the net is also stuck on the gunnel of the boat. So I reach over grab her tail with one hand drop my rod put my other hand under her belly and flop her into the net. Textbook! LOL
IMG_20180616_095141_edit.jpg
IMG_20180616_095141_edit.jpg (101.63 KiB) Viewed 6904 times
Both fish measured 49.25" twins! My fish won me the MCI outing, which got me a small trophy and more importantly bragging rights. Mike had it for about 11 hours and 6 of those he was asleep. :D

Found a perfect spot for the leader board after the outing....Mike's office at work. Too much? You don't know Mike. Or me :evil:
Last edited by BigC on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Twins!

Post by lape0019 »

Nice!
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by CCLad »

Great fishing and good report. Thanks for sharing!
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Great report and congrats on the twins! Nice to see someone post a report on here. Thanks for sharing!
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

Beauties! I also fish with a guy named Mike that sure sounds a lot like the Mike you're fishing with! The back & forth is constant must be a Mike thing!
Fishing the St.Lawrence 12 months a year!
bardern
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bardern »

I have to take a few days and target some Muskies. Great post!
Barry Keicks
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Now THAT was entertainment!
Fantastic report. Felt like I was there, but since I’m not Mike, guess not.
Congrats on the fish and the win!

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
muskie_magnet
Participant
Participant

Post by muskie_magnet »

An epic 2 days in the boat for sure and a great start to the season. Had a good laugh when I came into work and saw the leader board posted on the wall in my office. I expected something when I saw him leaving the tournament banquet with it tucked under his arm. I love the trash talk and you have to be able take as good as you give so I'll leave it up there for now. Everyone at work knows we fish together so it generates lots of questions.

Lots of time left to stick a bigger fish and get those bragging rights back !!
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Some very nice fish!!!

Thanks for sharing.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »