31 Mile Lake Boat Launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

31 Mile Lake Boat Launch

Post by nighttroller »

I am looking for information on the closest boat launch on 31 mile lake if I am coming from Ottawa, the cost, is there lots of parking?
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: 31 Mile Lake Boat Launch

Post by smitty55 »

The closest one would be the one just passed Point Comfort on the left just after you pass Pemichangan on the right. This puts you at the southern end of the lake. I don't believe there is any charge but you might be best to contact the Depanneur BGCarron to find out for sure. I marked it at the top of the map.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

Thanks Smitty, I checked that one out last year when fishing Pemichangan and it was closed.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Sent you a PM nighttroller

Craig
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

Thanks Craig.
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Post by emeraldpirate »

Hi there,

Point Comfort is no longer a viable option. The launch there use to be private and you could use it if you camped or paid to park an elderly woman Mrs Alie use to care for it but no longer does. You might try searching La Sage 31 mille for info. Rates for parking on Baie Mckenzie accessible from Bouchette are $25 a day for a vehicle with a trailer and I believe $15 to launch.
Bob23
Participant
Participant

Post by Bob23 »

You technically only pay for parking at the Bouchette's launch. 25$ if you have a trailer, 20$ for a car only. So to launch your boat, it's 25$.
Bob
H20driller
Participant
Participant

Post by H20driller »

What's In 31 mile? I've heard good laker fishing and looked at ththe map of all the islands and structure and assume there is like to? Is he lake trout fishing pretty good?
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Post by emeraldpirate »

The lake contains Lake trout, Whitefish, Northern Pike, Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass.
barney
Participant
Participant

Post by barney »

Once on chemin Point Comfort about 10 minutes in turn left on chemin Baie Matte (dirt road). Another 10 minutes your at Baie Matte on 31 Mile. Nice boat launch with lots of parking.
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Post by emeraldpirate »

Hey Barney,
I've never launched from Baie Matte but I heard that the launch was very muddy and you must exercise caution when backing up to lift boat off your trailer. Can you confirm these conditions?
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Post by emeraldpirate »

Hey Barney,
I've never launched from Baie Matte but I heard that the launch was very muddy and or sandy and you must exercise caution when backing up to lift your boat off trailer. Can you confirm these conditions?
barney
Participant
Participant

Post by barney »

Hi Emerald Pirate,
Concrete ramp with small stone gravel at bottom and top. Very clean. Lots of room to turn around and back in. Aluminum & plank dock off to one side to tie on to when you park your truck and trailer. You can tell gravel is trucked in. Lots of weeds past the launch but you will be OK. To get away from the launch I keep left for a few seconds then all is good. Was there yesterday. When I left there was a 20' or so pontoon tied up. The work looks fairly recent. Could of been all mud before but very clean now.
emeraldpirate
Participant
Participant

Post by emeraldpirate »

Hi Barney,

Thanks for the info, wow that sounds perfect. They must have made some improvements.
The Tortoise
Participant
Participant

Post by The Tortoise »

Hi Everyone,

Bumping an old thread. Long time listener, first time caller. Just love the show.

Our family is going boat camping on 31 Mile Lake in a few weeks and I am looking into launches.

So far I have narrowed it down to the one on Chemin de la Baie Matte or the launch at Majopial. Baie Matte is preferred because it's closer and presumably free.

Questions:

a) Is overnight parking allowed at the Baie Matte launch?
b) Is there sufficient parking at this spot?

Thanks in advance.