Murphy's Point Shore Fishing (info needed)

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tmmorganlive
Participant
Participant

Murphy's Point Shore Fishing (info needed)

Post by Tmmorganlive »

Hi friends,

I'm headed to Murphy's Point to car camp with the family. I'm going to try to sneak away a few times to get some lures wet and appease the new addiction. Anyone ever fish from the shore at Murphy's Point? I hear the Narrows, but not sure if that is a bit of a hike or not. Rather something close by the campground.
curls
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Murphy's Point Shore Fishing (info needed)

Post by curls »

If you go to the main beach, facing the water, there's a point on your left. If you're ok with it, wade to about waist deep straight towards the back of the bay, and cast as far as you can. There's a great drop-off there that goes down to over 30' deep. I personally witnessed a father and teenage son catch 5 or 6 largemouth bass on texas rigged weighted senkos there in a matter of about 45 minutes or less. Each was no smaller than 2.5# (guessing as I was a hundred feet away, but they were not small fish from shore!). Their biggest was pushing 4.5-5#!

That entire bay is great if you are willing to rent a canoe or kayak, too. There's no motorized boats permitted so it's a paddle-only, calm water zone. Hit the shoreline and the drop-offs.
http://webapp.navionics.com :)
Tmmorganlive
Participant
Participant

Re: Murphy's Point Shore Fishing (info needed)

Post by Tmmorganlive »

Fantastic info - thank you! I'm not opposed to getting a little wet OR renting something to keep it dry. Many thanks.