Boat seats

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Terry in Almonte
Participant
Participant

Boat seats

Post by Terry in Almonte »

The seats in my 1996 Princecraft ProSeries 140 are starting to show their age. The vinyl is cracking and the seats get wet and retain moisture, and the screws/bolts that hold the back to the seat hinge are coming loose.

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement? I was very happy with the seats but I think it's time to replace.

I was thinking of Cabela's Pro Fisherman High-Back Seat. Looks good and has fairly good ratings on the Cabelas web site. I was also thinking of checking out the Chandlery.
Valley Lad
Participant
Participant

Re: Boat seats

Post by Valley Lad »

Hi Terry,
I replaced my seats with the Tempress All Weather seats ,picked them up at Cabellas .Find them very comfortable.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/19558/te ... boat-seats
Terry in Almonte
Participant
Participant

Valley Lad: Thanks for the feedback. I was in Cabelas today looking at seats. I saw a high end Tempress seat at $249, looked great but out of my price range.

I'll be keeping an eye open for a sale at Cabelas.
goudieb
Participant
Participant

Post by goudieb »

Hi Terry.

I purchased the Cabela's Elite High-Back Boat Seats and I love them. That being said, I would have loved to get the Cabela's Pro Fisherman High-Back Seats (I noticed online that both the Elite and Pro are on sale right now).

I don't think you can go wrong with either of these, but check your sizes as the Pro Fisherman is wider and possibly deeper than the Elite, they wouldn't fit my boat (would cause clearance issues with my baitwell).

Brian
Terry in Almonte
Participant
Participant

Funny thing about Cabelas Pro Fisherman High-Back Seat.

I bought one on sale but returned it because the back felt too vertical and the seat length was too short.

There is a rivet on each side hinge that acts as a stop for the seat back. This rivet position keeps the seat back in a too vertical position. There is a an additional hole in the hinge that would allow the seat back to recline a bit further. I was tempted to drill out the rivets and put a bolt in the other hole to get the seat back position that I wanted. But I didn't do it because I thought I wouldn't be able to return it with this type of modification if I didn't like it.

Another funny thing. If you zoom in on the hinge on the Cabelas web site picture, you can see two additional holes in the hinge, and to my eye it looks like a removable screw head in the stop hole instead of a rivet. I can't imagine why they're using rivets if they're also providing additional stop holes to allow for different recline positions.

Last funny thing. When I returned the seat to Cabelas, I sat in all of the other seats and that too vertical back rest seems to be a problem on all of them.

It must be just me.