muskrat lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

muskrat lake

Post by pickereye chaser »

gidday

Planning to head up to muskrat lake on Saturday for an attempt at lakers through the ice. I have seen from this board that you can get on the lake off of Macfarlane road. Is the lake still accessible from here? street view on google it looks like a cottage at the end of the road so want to make sure before i make the drive.

cheers
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Re: muskrat lake

Post by Farlane94 »

yup you still can, usually people will park on the ice or will park on the side of the road before the hill. good luck out there!
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Post by pickereye chaser »

Thanks, is it worth packing the perch and walleye gear as wellfor that area of the lake?
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Post by Farlane94 »

walleye you may just get while fihsing for lakers by accident, but perch you can go to lilly bay and catch tonnes. just find shallow water like 5ft
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Ragehunter »

Can you access Lilly Bay from the end of MacFarlane Road? Is there a place to park or a road out on to the ice?

I normally access Muskrat via Waterview Road about 5 minutes past Cobden and I have had some amazing perch fishing there. When you find them (normally not that hard), you catch a lot of them and they are nice and big.
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Post by Farlane94 »

lily bay is like 30 second walk fro macfarlane, just go left !
canam04
Participant
Participant

Post by canam04 »

I am going to muskrat lake Friday and wondering what the conditions are. I am dealing with tons of snow and water in Ottawa so wondering if same at muskrat. Any update is appreciated.