information on bobs lake.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Moobe
Participant
Participant

information on bobs lake.

Post by Moobe »

Hi All,

Renting a cottage on bobs lake this summer (yes i'm planning THAT far ahead haha - it helps make winter seem shorter). I'm not too familiar with the lake. Navionics seems pretty detailed but I'm wondering if anyone has tips or likely tactics and locations. Obviously I'm not looking for the honey hole or anything. i just want to make sure my daughter (and I) get some in the live well. Also I'm wondering what species are in the lake.

thanks in advance
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: information on bobs lake.

Post by lape0019 »

Been in there once or twice. Couldn’t tell you spots if I tried because I don’t even know where our starting point was.

We caught bass (both large and small mouth), lost a few lures to pike and caught a few crappie. I imagine the standard bluegill and perch are in there too.

That’s about all of the info I can provide you but it seems like a very nice area to rent a cottage in.
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Have never been there myself, but there are some forum posts on this lake. Basspro posted a report back in September, I believe. Also, there are some YouTube videos of people fishing the lake (including a complete Fish TV episode), which is a great way to see what kind of fish can be caught, as well as what kind of tactics and tackle to use.
GingaNinja
Participant
Participant

Post by GingaNinja »

Best of luck! I grew up going to a cottage on the south end of the lake in buck bay. There are walleye in the lake but they can be tricky. We always worked the shore lines and did well enough on bass and you're almost guaranteed to pull in a nice Pike or two! Don't forget to stop at the North end of the lake at the entrance to crow lake where there's a sweet jumping rock. Hope you enjoy the lake as much as I have!
I got 99 problems and what to throw is all of them