Ice Crappie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Lurewasher
Participant
Participant

Ice Crappie

Post by Lurewasher »

Where are all the threads about the ice crappie this year ? No pictures? No interest? No vexlar days? No ice reports about the Rideau Lakes ? Am I looking in the wrong place ? , or is there nothing posted?
Happy Hooker
Participant
Participant

Re: Ice Crappie

Post by Happy Hooker »

The reason there is no posts, Panfish bite in general is way down from last year, some of my honey holes have very limited fish.
Drilled shallow to deep, very little action, most caught were small to say the least.
I know they are there, just what it takes to get on a good bite I do not know. Hopefully in the next 2weeks as they move into certain other structures the bite will pick-up.

Hooker
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

I have managed to get on the crappie a few times this year, but they aren't staying put the way they usually do. Instead you will wait for hours and then a few will come tearing through over the course of 10 - 15 minutes... then nothing again.

With the exception of a small handfull of trips out this year... fishing was extreme suckage all winter.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

scarkner wrote:I have managed to get on the crappie a few times this year, but they aren't staying put the way they usually do. Instead you will wait for hours and then a few will come tearing through over the course of 10 - 15 minutes... then nothing again.

With the exception of a small handfull of trips out this year... fishing was extreme suckage all winter.
I've had a similar winter with crappies but also in general... It's been a tough one this winter for sure.
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Bigcvin
Participant
Participant

Post by Bigcvin »

I'm no crappie expert, but we were on Stoco lake, moved to 3 different locations, all portions of the water column, and couldn't even get a bite. Not sure where they are.