Some of this and some of that.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Some of this and some of that.

Post by zippyfx »

I have not been out fishing much this season but I managed to get out over the past week while going from and to a cottage with the family.... Seeing as my time is more constained I have been a bit more selective....

I caught a couple of nice Silver Redhorse while out fishing in the spring looking for large cats but I did not get pictures.

Managed a couple of small pike last weekend which I also did not manage to get pictures of.

I hit up a spot one night last week and managed this nice little 'eye:

This weekend, I hit this gin clear lake that is stocked which I love and I caught a number of micros including spot tail shiners, creek chub and juvi bluegill/pumpkinseed. I was trying for some specs but they were not to be found (by me atleast, people in boats were finding them fine) my favourite from there was this nice common shiner:

10 minutes down the road was another small stocked lake. I managed two nice 'bows there:

It's a mazing how big of a difference 100 meters off the road makes. I also caught a number of emerald shiners here as well but did not take any pictures.....

Happy fishing everyone!
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Re: Some of this and some of that.

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nice update; love the rainbows!
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Thanks! These were my first Ontario Rainbows!
CyrusG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by CyrusG »

Beauty bows buddy!
Cy