Calabogie Car accessible Fish and Pitch a Tent

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
MichelleTCM
Participant
Participant

Calabogie Car accessible Fish and Pitch a Tent

Post by MichelleTCM »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am hoping to find out if there are paths into some lakes I've been looking into camping and fishing at. Doesn't matter to us what's biting we just want to get away for a bit. It's been years since an old friend took me to them and I forget which ones my little volvo used to be able to drive into and which had a long walk.

I stopped by shiner lake about a month ago for the weekend and had a good time but a couple families pitched their tents beside us which included multiple generators, a big screen tv and karaoke machine, a full kitchen tent and non stop partying. They were upfront right at the beginning and left the place clean and pristine, I'm just hoping for something quieter this time around.

Limestone Lake seems good because I remember it the most. I checked the Crown Land Atlas and it's all general use are. I street view checked the road in and it looks like a good start but there are some civic addresses so I'm worried that the road won't be usable passed their homes. Can anyone confirm if a car could get in anywhere near the lake there and if not is there a place to park within let's say 5-10 minute walking distance? We plan to stay Thurs-Sun so it wouldn't be a stretch to take some time to get set up.

Another I was looking at was around Holmes Lake/Brennen Lake. I know there is a road up but once again I don't know how close it gets and how well it's maintained and I don't know if there would be an area around either lake or the one in the middle, with a nice foot print for a tent. Does anyone have experience there maybe?

I'm open to any other general suggestions too. If all else fails we'll head to shiner and walk around to the far side of the lake but I'm trying to go some place new.
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Re: Calabogie Car accessible Fish and Pitch a Tent

Post by andrew1234 »

I'm pretty sure I ran into that same family with the karaoke machine at a different spot. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand if they did that at a provincial park they'd be asked to go elsewhere so they avoided that and just went elsewhere. On the other hand, provincial parks suck! So theres that. I used to camp on the shores/boat launches but get sick and tired of the loud noises and the trash. If you could invest in a canoe, even a used one it will open up a whole new world up there. There are plenty of canoe in spots along the madawaska/centennial lake system.