2020 fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
walter
Participant
Participant

2020 fishing

Post by walter »

Are we going to be allowed to go fishing with corona virus all over the place You All stay well
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: 2020 fishing

Post by toobinator »

The quick answer is yes as long as we stay at home now. I can see walleye season opener being a bit delayed (hope not) but we will be on the water this summer.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Chilipowder101
Participant
Participant

Post by Chilipowder101 »

What if people want to go fishing right now?
(for something in season of course)
mitch
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mitch »

The directive is to stay at home. You will get your chance to go fishing, later. Please do your part.
Chilipowder101
Participant
Participant

Post by Chilipowder101 »

Oh no, I have no plans to go fishing right now. I was just speaking on behalf of others who I know are interested in going fishing during these times.

It baffles me how the MNRF hasnt told anyone to stop fishing or hunting yet.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I can't really see any big issue going fishing as long as you travel solo or with family. It's not like there isn't any social distancing when out in a boat or alone on a shoreline. I totally get blocking off those piers, busy launches and such where people always congregate but fishing is not illegal right now, just be smart about it. I can even see the locks being shut down for Crappie time as it's government property. Lots of quiet back lakes out there too to get your fix in.
IMO going out to any store, standing in line outside to get in with some is far more risky than going fishing. Fishing relieves stress, which boosts the immune system and gets us out in nature and away from people. Sounds like a good remedy for these times. Saw a great pic yesterday from a guy who took his two lads out bullhead fishing on the Nation. Right on in my books.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
613 Jigger
Participant
Participant

Post by 613 Jigger »

Fishing is recreational. Stay home and quit making excuses to why you can/should/have a right to fish . Unless travelling for food or prescriptions STAY HOME. Every level of government is telling you this and there are no mixed messages. WAKE UP
Lakerchaser
Participant
Participant

Post by Lakerchaser »

People telling other people how to live their lives. No wonder posts are down on this site. As far I know, drinking is recreational but the government is keeping those stores open.

Stay safe folks
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Lakerchaser wrote:People telling other people how to live their lives. No wonder posts are down on this site. As far I know, drinking is recreational but the government is keeping those stores open.

Stay safe folks
I agree. I'm in the 613Fishing FB group and the Admins there got so ticked off at folks telling other people what to do when fishing is still legal that they made a big post threatening to boot anyone telling others not to indulge in a legal activity. They got a huge pile of support from many members.
Smitty

Straight shooter
Fisherman89
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fisherman89 »

Fisn'n Canada also posted an article on this subject: https://fishncanada.com/news/is-fishing ... -pandemic/

Some good discussion in the comments as well.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter. For myself, I don't see going fishing to be any different from going for a walk or a bike ride, and there are a hell of a lot more people doing that now since quarantine began. I walk my dog three times a day (live in an apartment, so no backyard to let the dog out) and I've never seen this many people out walking/running as I have since quarantine began (and it's not just because of the nice spring weather we're having).

If you go somewhere remote (staying away from popular shore spots and public boat launches) I don't think there is a problem with it. That being said, I plan on doing my part and don't plan on going fishing until things get better. For now just re-organizing my fishing gear, and getting ice gear cleaned up and stored for the summer.

On the plus side, maybe the reduced fishing pressure will allow some fish populations to rebound this year.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

I know where il'l be on Trout Opener.........Trout Fishing !!!!
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017