Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon in stock anywhere?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Alex Bull
Participant
Participant

Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon in stock anywhere?

Post by Alex Bull »

Does anyone know where I can get the Tatsu line locally, in Ottawa?

Curbside pick up perhaps?

Thanks
FishingFreak13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Seaguar Tatsu Fluorocarbon in stock anywhere?

Post by FishingFreak13 »

I would give Ed at Paddletales an email and see if he has any I know he is doing curbside pickup but you have to book a time.

Brian
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Don't have Tatsu any more. Had some on the shelf, but the price scared most people off. The ones that did buy some hated it. The rest went in the discount bin. Having said all that, I can order some in but it won't be fast.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Alex Bull
Participant
Participant

Post by Alex Bull »

Hi Ed,

That's interesting information. What fluorocarbon do you recommend? I'm looking for something around the 10-12lb

Thanks
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

I sell a ton of Sunline. If you don't want to buy a spool I have it in bulk. If you bring your reel in(once we can reopen) I will spool it for you. That way you only pay for what you use. It's $.12 a yard. I also spray it with line conditioner.

I also have some Seaguar in stock, I believe it's InvisX.

Ed
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Post by kevinv »

I keep hearing about Seaguar line. I use just straight mono line. Is the carbon better? I do catch the odd pike and pickerel in our river. Just curious
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Fluorocarbon has less visibility, less stretch, but more memory than mono. If you're putting this on a spinning reel, I would not go over 10 lbs due to the memory. It also needs to be changed out more often than mono. If you get a kink in the line, everything below that section needs to be cut out.

It certainly has its advantages, but some disadvantages too. What are your reasons to try fluoro? Perhaps you should take a look at braid.

Ed
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Corvus Lacus »

Fluorocarbon is fine on baitcasters, but can be a nightmare (as a main line) on spinning reels. Tatsu and Sunline Sniper are formulated to be "softer", but still can be problematic on fixed-spool reels...especially in heavier tests. Fluorocarbon sinks like a rock, so for applications like heavy flippin jigs or deep Carolina rigs, I like it on my baitcasters as a mainline.

For spinning reels...I like braid as a main line, then tie on a 3 to 6ft leader of fluorocarbon... gives you the best of both worlds...sensitivity and no stretch, but low visibility and abrasion resistance at the business end. Use a FG, Alberto or back-to-back Uni knot to make the connection.
The tug is the drug..