Cardinal

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Blimkie
Participant
Participant

Cardinal

Post by Blimkie »

Can anyone tell me if the boat ramp in Cardinal is open.
Raymond
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Cardinal

Post by smitty55 »

From what I've been hearing it's closed still.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

No it is not.
Blimkie
Participant
Participant

Post by Blimkie »

RJ wrote:No it is not.
Were you there fishing today? If yes May go this evening.
Thanks
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

CARDINAL ramp definitely closed as all others in area. Just got back from drive to check. However some ingenious guys launching off rocks on "outside". Don't know how they'l get boats back on though. Saw 23 boats there 15 'mericans 8 of us!! Quite the "Parade" of vehicles driving along peninsula to see what was going on. Did see few Walleyes being caught as I sat there distancing. Definitely no distancing in boats! Even dirt launch at Iroquois blocked!!
Blimkie
Participant
Participant

Post by Blimkie »

Thanks gatekeeper
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

Talking to one of my Buds yesterday and he brought up a point that blew by me! IF the borders are supposedly "Closed" why were 'mericans fishing on Canadian side? Well it was a little cool yesterday early,so,maybe the OPP were waiting for temps to get up there?? I know ramps are closed to us "Civilians",but,surely not to them? They sure do a lot of "Patrolling" in summer here! Just ask'n. :) :)
SnotRocket
Participant
Participant

Post by SnotRocket »

gatekeeper wrote:Talking to one of my Buds yesterday and he brought up a point that blew by me! IF the borders are supposedly "Closed" why were 'mericans fishing on Canadian side? Well it was a little cool yesterday early,so,maybe the OPP were waiting for temps to get up there?? I know ramps are closed to us "Civilians",but,surely not to them? They sure do a lot of "Patrolling" in summer here! Just ask'n. :) :)
The muricans have a little more common sense that we do. Maybe they gave them a pass at the border seeing that all their launches are open like ours should be.

As long as you practice your antisocial distancing and keep clear of the 'mask wearers', everyone should be good.
Blimkie
Participant
Participant

Post by Blimkie »

Anyone know if the cement blocks have been removed from Cardinal yet?
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

All ramps in Leeds/grenville SUPPOSED to be open as of this weekend. Cardinal opened Wednesday. Time for annual "Boat Show" at Cardinal!!Lol
Blimkie
Participant
Participant

Post by Blimkie »

Thanks
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

Just got back from Cardinal. Only saw 6 trailers at ramp,which,by the way is only able to launch 1 boat at a time as they only put concrete barriers off to side. Preparation for 'nother closer??
bsc2000
Participant
Participant

Post by bsc2000 »

How's the fishing down there? Hoping to get out with the kids tonight just some simple worm harnesses or drop shots. Any tips?
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Had a guy in the store this afternoon who was on his way home from Cardinal. He said the fishing was tough and a ton of boats out in that area.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
bsc2000
Participant
Participant

Post by bsc2000 »

Can confirm.........water is only 7 degrees might still be a bit cold for them. Parking lot was full but didn't hear anyone say they had any luck tonight......sucks.....ill have to go out and try again some other time :)