Bonnechere River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
levitch
Participant
Participant

Bonnechere River

Post by levitch »

Hey all,

I spent the last two days fishing the Bonnechere River near the Provincial Park and a small part of Round Lake with my kayak.

The lake proved to be tough to coax fish up to the surface in the middle of summer, but my Deeper fish finder marked a LOT of pretty big fish at the bottom of the area I was fishing ...around 30ft down.

The river was also very quiet with only a few small bass coming out to play...
but as I was just relaxing on my camp site, I tossed in a trout magnet lure to kill some time ...and landed a 7lb10oz pike This is my PB fish so far.

So, overall it was a good trip! :)

Pike pic -> https://imgur.com/TU2tS4d
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

Re: Bonnechere River

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nice pike! There's a bridge with parking spots and a rough boat launch further upstream, where Turners and Paugh Lake Roads intersect - have caught some nice LMB with shallow diving crankbaits in the river upstream of the launch.
kevinv
Participant
Participant

Post by kevinv »

south of round lake dam i have had luck with bass and pike. There was a spot to put in a boat at the Tramore bridge on tramore road. this is south of the dam. It is a tricky river at times.

Also on hyw 60 at Deacon, there is an old bridge and boat launch. good spot for pike. I have shore fished here often.

There is also many little holes along the shore of the river that hold bass.

There was an American that told many tales of fishing the bonnechere, and getting prize bass every time he dipped his line. He told me about a spot at the tramore bridge. I got a 21/2 lbs bass a few years latter there.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Cool I met some kayakers this weekend who were fishing between the first chute and the Ottawa but they were mostly getting catfish. Some Bass and Pike though.