Ontario Baitfish Management Strategy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Fisherman89
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ontario Baitfish Management Strategy

Post by Fisherman89 »

Haven't seen this posted here yet. The Ontario goverment has finalized their new baitfish management strategy that will restrict the use of baitfish to the baitfish management zone where they were caught (there will be 4 management zones). I haven't seen when the new restrictions will be taking effect.

https://news.ontario.ca/mnr/en/2020/07/ ... eries.html
https://oodmag.com/baitfish-strategy-finalized/
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Re: Ontario Baitfish Management Strategy

Post by Gord »

After reading this.....I'm damn glad we got out of the business. I really feel for the anglers and bait dealers that are going to have to navigate this new regulation. :| :|
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Gord wrote:After reading this.....I'm damn glad we got out of the business. I really feel for the anglers and bait dealers that are going to have to navigate this new regulation. :| :|
From what Serge has told me over the years it's been a long battle as to compensation for bait dealers due to loss of business. Been quite a while since I've spoken to him about that though. Good to see you're still poking about Gord.
Smitty

Straight shooter
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Been like that for awhile from the Simcoe area bait. Not much to navigate, know who you are buying from and where they are trapping. It falls more on the trapper than the retailer.

RJ