Lake Chautauqua NY

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Lake Chautauqua NY

Post by Hank Jr »

Hi Everyone
My son and I can't make our fall trip to Canada this year because of the border being closed . So we are going to try a lake in NY , Lake Chautauqua it has a good population of Muskies . Has any body on this board fished it ? We are going Oct 3 . Thanks for the help

Hank Flory Jr
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Lake Chautauqua NY

Post by toobinator »

I have fished it in the spring for bass, but not in the last few years. There was a healthy population of musky last time I was there though. No idea what the fall fishing is like.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Hank Jr
Participant
Participant

Post by Hank Jr »

Thanks Ed I heard they have some Big Smallies there and have a bunch of Bass tournaments in Sept . I helped a couple NY guys with info on Sturgeon and Pigeon Lake they sent me a map with areas to try for Muskies they have fished a lot the last several years . It should help us boat a couple .
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Sorry for the late reply, but if the border remains closed this info may be of importance next year. I used to fish Chautauqua years ago and caught my biggest Largemouth there fishing for....Musky! I had some great success Perch fishing through the ice and phenomenal Smallmouth fishing off the eastern shore by the golf course. Check it out!

Tight Lines,

Jeff