Long Island Locks

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Long Island Locks

Post by Ragehunter »

Hi folks,
Just an FYI for anybody who may be looking to do a little ice fishing and skating all at the same time.
I swung by Long Island Locks last weekend and somebody has taken the time to shovel or snow blow off a skating oval around what must be close to half of the bay. It must be at least half a km in length, if not longer. I believe there is also a skating rink up at the far end up against that big wall. I did not go up there, but it looked that way.
There is not much parking at the bottom of the hill as they only cleared out a small portion of that area. I parked up by the green garbage bins and walked down.
Now in saying this, it was pretty busy there, especially later in the afternoon. The skating oval had quite a few folks on it. There were several cars parked up by the bins when I left.
We fished for maybe an hour and left as it was too busy for my liking. No fish landed but that was not surprising.
Cheers!!
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!