How are you dealing with the Stay-At-Home-Order?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
levitch
Participant
Participant

How are you dealing with the Stay-At-Home-Order?

Post by levitch »

Hey all,

Just checking in with everyone to see how you are all doing with this new Stay At home Order.
Are you still going out fishing?
Are you only fishing really close to home? or are you going to isolated spots far out and away from people?

Or are you completely staying home?

Stay safe and healthy everyone :)
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: How are you dealing with the Stay-At-Home-Order?

Post by toobinator »

Going to the store daily for a few hours. Other than that pretty much staying at home. I've discovered that doing curbside orders takes a lot out of you, so too pooped to go anywhere anyway.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Homerx_99
Participant
Participant

Post by Homerx_99 »

Fishing 4-5 times a week out my back door. New boat has 11 hours on it. woo hoo.

stay safe
loophole
Participant
Participant

Post by loophole »

Thinking about going out and working a zone of the Clyde river I've never tried before. I suppose that would technically be in violation of the stay at home order, wouldn't it? Even though I would never be within 100 metres of anyone.
jsdx
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jsdx »

I suppose that would technically be in violation of the stay at home order,
Well, you are supposed to stay at home unless essential but the rules in detail https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r21265 allow
Exercising, including, ... using an outdoor recreational amenity that is permitted to be open.
I believe fishing is permitted, if you consider it exercise however there are other restrictions ...
"Do not travel outside your region"
so, the way I read this is if you have access to "reasonably close by" fishing, you can do it, but you cannot travel to go fishing. Again, a grey area on how to interpret "outside your region".

My personal interpretation is that " region" reasonably maps to the health unit you live (ie the area they report covid for where you live) so for me its the boundary for Ottawa Public Health since I live in Ottawa. So I should not travel to outside that (say to renfrew health or leeds health unit) but otherwise fishing as exercise seems reasonable. This is me, not advice. This means this years lake ontario trib opener was a bit too far to make the run... See ya next year Ganaraska :)

I have co-workers in India and they are getting slammed, most have already lost family members and its getting worse. Weeks ago they reported no restrictions, all is "good" while we locked down. So, to me, being cautious is worth it.

Stay safe