Local installer - boat electronics

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
likestofish
Participant
Participant

Local installer - boat electronics

Post by likestofish »

Does anyone know a local installer that is competent with basic boat electronics installations? All my lowrance units and trolling motor were installed by a local dealer but they did a very half assed job and left a bunch of stuff not completed..

I am looking for someone to put in NMEA network, connect a couple of devices to console switches, and install an on board charger.. I think its a very basic install - just need someone to tuck in all the wires and label everything properly..

Thank you in advance.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Local installer - boat electronics

Post by JimW »

What area are you in?? I might know someone.
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
likestofish
Participant
Participant

Post by likestofish »

JimW wrote:What area are you in?? I might know someone.
I'm in Olreans and the boat is at Petrie

Thank you!!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I get that you're likely not happy with the dealer but just curious as to why you don't go back to them and get them to do the job properly if they screwed up in the first place?
Smitty

Straight shooter
likestofish
Participant
Participant

Post by likestofish »

smitty55 wrote:I get that you're likely not happy with the dealer but just curious as to why you don't go back to them and get them to do the job properly if they screwed up in the first place?
The dealer says they are very backed up and is reluctant to complete these repairs in a reasonable timeframe. I'm tired of the back and forth with them and will tackle the dealer (and their obligation) later.

This is a simple install and I just want it all finished properly asap so I can get to the fun part.. I'm very happy to spend the money now and get it all finished