Muskie outing continued

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I was thinking we'd fry em all up on the BBQ afterwards....I'm told the 30 inchers taste best.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Kidding of course!

I don't think we can say it is a C&R event.....everyone has a choice with a legal fish....

RJ
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

My Mistake

Post by JP »

Sorry about the bad spelling on names, the list not being right in reference to the boater, non-boater, and to Marcus. Marcus, if u catch your trophy, by all means(althought they do make great replicas :wink: ). RJ is right, it is within our rights as anglers to keep legal fish. I didn't want to come across as preeching, so if I offended anyone, please forgive me. Not my intention. Anyways, I will try to get the list right :cry: and I look forward to seeing u all on the 30th.
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I appreciate that JP and I was in no way offended...I like to play by the rules and I'd respect whatever decision you wanted to uphold for an event you are organizing.
saskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by saskie »

Saskette and Saskie are in, with boat.
There are few problems in life which can not be solved with a well-placed, high-explosive projectile.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Rideau Muskie

Post by Seaweed »

Just some input on the trophy muskie thing.

Get it straight.... there are no trophy muskie in the area of the Rideau we will be fishing Markus... they just get fished too hard to get any size. If you want a trophy then talk MT into taking you out to the Ottawa near Wendover. Now that is a body of water that can support a fish worth putting on the wall... but as was clearly illustrated by Trophy Muskie last year... the fish really only has to be photographed to get a nice mount made. Just my 2cents.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I don't like Replica's. End of discussion there.

This is exactly why I asked. Although a few people will step up and say, "ya it's your right to keep it, so go ahead, we're cool with that", there's always a few more bitting their toungue. Then after the fact will say their peice and come off as Canada's answer to conservation.

Although I am only planning to keep 1 muski in my entire life and I'm leagally allowed 1/trip, it is still too much for some people to accept.

I think I'll pass on this get together. Please don't take my comments or decision the wrong way. I just want every single person that goes there to have a good time. That being said, let me know if there's anything I can help with organizing this day on the water. :)
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

You know what..when people stay within the rules...others should just respect that.
These get togethers are meant for fun and meeting others...Markus missing this event is unfortunate for everyone else who attends!
I could give you my opinion on what type of mount I would choose but frankly it's completely up to me if it's my trophy... no one else..
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

For sure there is an opportunity for a trophy fish in the Rideau. But it all depends on what people think a trophy is.
I've pulled a 54" musky out of the Rideau. That's a trophy to me, and it would be on my wall if it wasn't pulled up through an 8" hole :shock:
For sure the Ottawa has more and on average bigger fish, but there are +44 inch fish in the Rideau. That being said, the largest I've gotten all year is a 40 incher. :cry: But I've gotten a dozen smaller than that.
:D
I'll see you guy/gals on the water that day, I'll be in the process of closing up my place that's in the area. I've found that a brown beleiver has gotten me the most hits so far this year.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

You all know I hate the Rideau.... :lol: :lol:

The biggest fish caught in this area last season was out of the Rideau....exactly where we are headed that day....so sorry Seaweed...but that fish was released back to that area....not Wendover.... :?

Markus not coming to this event because of fear of people giving him a hard time about keeping his trophy, to me goes against everything this site has become....if people wanna preach.....please go somewhere else..

my 2 cents..RJ
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

RJ wrote:You all know I hate the Rideau.... :lol: :lol:

The biggest fish caught in this area last season was out of the Rideau....exactly where we are headed that day....so sorry Seaweed...but that fish was released back to that area....not Wendover.... :?

Markus not coming to this event because of fear of people giving him a hard time about keeping his trophy, to me goes against everything this site has become....if people wanna preach.....please go somewhere else..

my 2 cents..RJ
Rj, nobody is preching. And I'm never afraid off someone speaking their mind to me bout a difference of opinion. That doesn't bother me. I just don't want to put anyone in the postion that they feel they'll have to. This should be a day to promote the religon of muski fishing and having a meat fisherman show up at the dock will ruin it. I am really not bothered by any of this.....don't go to a country bar if you want to rock and roll. :wink:
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

There is room for anyone and everyone here. We are on no way a Prejudice group!!!!!!! A diff of opinion shouldn't ever keep someone away!!!!!!!!!!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No 1 is not welcome here!!!!Markus, plz dont let a few people discourage ya from not comin!!!!!You r entiteld to your trophy as the rest of the people who attend or not!!! The reason the regs are made is to follow them !!!!

Plz bro dont miss out!!!

Bacon needs to be shown how to catch fish without me in the boat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK come 1 come all!!!!!!!! :D

T.L F.F
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Guys. you're rallying the troops and there's no fight to fight! No one is keeping me from coming. It's a personal decision and I'mnot bothered by making it. So lets get back to planning hamburgers...
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hambugers :lol: Lots of burgers :lol:

O.K hamburgers, and what else????Should I bring a pile of salads???(Potato, macaroni, coleslaw and so on??)

Want to help out in any way!!!!

T.L F.F
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I was really looking forward to meeting you Markus.

I am a catch and release guy but have no problems with people keeping them if it is in there legal right to do so!

BASSSTALKER