Constance lake boat launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Lindy Rigger
Participant
Participant

Constance lake boat launch

Post by Lindy Rigger »

Tried my luck on Constance Lake yesterday.. A Shallow, weed choked little lake.. absolutely nothing. The guy was waiting for me when I came back and wanted his $. Sure I said, 5 bucks? Nope.. 10 bucks, 5 bucks was last year! Then the guy acts like he's your buddy.. What did they say at the end of WW2? Never again??? That about sums it up.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Constance lake boat launch

Post by smitty55 »

Doesn't surprise me. So many small businesses have lost a pile of money and everything is way more expensive for them to operate as well so I can't say I blame him. Been to a chip wagon this year, you can buy ten pounds of taters for less than the price of a small fry. Talking to Rick at my favorite truck his costs this year have gone up at least 30% and his fryer oil almost 50%.
As far as Constance Lake goes, it's always been a shallow weedy lake with a decent population of Bass, Pike and panfish including Crappie. So don't blame it on the lake so much, maybe you just needed to modify your techniques to suit the conditions. As for the $10, that's still pretty cheap for launching and parking for a days fishing at a private launch. For instance the daily cost at the public boat launch in Carleton Place is $10 and has been for a long time.
Smitty

Straight shooter
Flipper
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Flipper »

His fee is for the parking. He always says it would be nasty if you got a ticket for parking on the road.
The launch is technically public as it's just the end of the road that goes into the water.
I admit I was a bit perturbed too when he asked for $10.00. It's been $5.00 for decades.
It's not so much the amount of money but he could do something to maintain the launch or get rid of the sharp edges on the rickety dock so the boat doesn't get damaged.
Lindy Rigger
Participant
Participant

Post by Lindy Rigger »

Is that right Flipper? I presume he'd call bylaw if you park on the road too. Anyways, much better waters to be had without the hassle. Be safe out there.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

Everything going up in prices this days. That lake is usually good for a bass or hammer handle pike or two, but not every fishing day, is a catching day.

On the topic of boat launching and parking fees.... here one from the City of Orillia for weekend launching and parking for non-residents....I guess they don't want tourist money in their town.

Tight lines!
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing