Lake Dore Ice Crappies?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Piscivore
Participant
Participant

Lake Dore Ice Crappies?

Post by Piscivore »

I have been wanting to try ice fishing Lake Dore for Crappies the last two years. Somehow I haven't gotten around to it yet. The broad scale monitoring bulletin shows them at 12% of the fish catch, with a lot of eater sizes. The guide to eating Ontario fish shows them to be pretty clean too!

I think the main reason I haven't tried it yet is that the lake is a huge bowl with steep ledges and shelves and few other contours. It is a huge lake and I walk on pulling my sled. I don't know where to start on that lake and I am afraid to waste an outing being in the completely wrong place and depths.

Does anybody have any experience with Lake Dore Crappies? Do they suspend at a certain depth or do they stay shallow?

I was planning to access the Lake from the Township park off Hwy 41. Is there a better access point?

Any advice to get me started would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Lake Dore Ice Crappies?

Post by scarkner »

I have never fished that lake, if you go, PM me. We can spread out and search for them!

I love targeting crappie!