Who Needs Ice!! Eastern Ontario Lake Trout!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who Needs Ice!! Eastern Ontario Lake Trout!!

Post by JimW »

Well made a little Sunday road trip to Lake Ontario today I had my buddy Mike and Joe Spence from Blue Rock Charters join me in my Tracker today.

My buddy Mike wanted some extra beauty sleep today and slept through his alarm, so we got off to a late start. The roads from yesterday's snow were not too bad. We arrived at the boat launch around 8:20 am and prepped and launched the boat. After getting the Optimax motor warmed up and the motor tell tale hole unplugged from ice, we went for a little 10 mile boat ride, pounding through the waves and icy water spray to our fishing spot.

We get to our spot and I put out of first road, as I am pulling out the second rod, the first rod goes off!! Fish ON!!! And after a nice little battle Mike lands his first lake trout ever.... I nice fish around 15 pounds... we are on the board" no skunk!!

I eventually get our rod spread out we were mainly running spoons on 5 colour lead core, plus a dipsey diver with a spin n glow and attractor, and flatlining a Walleye Nation Creations Repear lure. Our dipsey rod was getting no action. so it was pulled and replaced with one downrigger running a spoon down about 40 feet.

Walleye Nation Creations Repear.... not just for walleye!!

We continued to fish the morning... here a fish, there a fish, here a double header, there a double header. We kind of lost count of the fish that visited the boat as a couple double headers got us out of order and I ran out of fingers to count on.

We called it a day around 2:30 pm. All in all a great day on the water, even if it was a little shorter than planned.

With the nights getting cold and not having any heated boat storage.... it is sad to announce that is the last trip in my boat for the year. she will be going away until March 2022.

So if anyone is still boating and needs a net man let me know. 🙂
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Who Needs Ice!! Eastern Ontario Lake Trout!!

Post by Walker »

Nice. Good for you
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
Piscivore
Participant
Participant

Re: Who Needs Ice!! Eastern Ontario Lake Trout!!

Post by Piscivore »

Those are some nice trout! I am glad someone is getting to fish. What a score!