Ottawa Ice Fishing Giude

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Ottawa Ice Fishing Giude

Post by gonefishin »

Hi Everyone,

So this year has been my first year getting back into ice fishing after about 10 years. Now that the kids a4e older and more patient we have more time. We have been fishing Petrie mostly and the bite (for me) has been slow. With just some sauger and the odd pike. Does anyone know of a guide who would hopefully have some good spots for some perch? Hoping to get some good action and keep a few for eating. We have all our own gear if needed. Feel free PM me.

Thanks in advance.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Ottawa Ice Fishing Giude

Post by scarkner »

gonefishin wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:30 pm Hi Everyone,

So this year has been my first year getting back into ice fishing after about 10 years. Now that the kids a4e older and more patient we have more time. We have been fishing Petrie mostly and the bite (for me) has been slow. With just some sauger and the odd pike. Does anyone know of a guide who would hopefully have some good spots for some perch? Hoping to get some good action and keep a few for eating. We have all our own gear if needed. Feel free PM me.

Thanks in advance.
Ah... The best time of life as the kids start looking after themselves!!! I'm in the same boat and loving it!

How far are you willing to go? Or are you really hoping for local spots?
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I would suggest you contact Yannick Loranger at https://www.ottawariverfishing.ca/
He works out of Rockland and has luxury bungalows if you want to go for overnights.
Smitty

Straight shooter
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

scarkner wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:56 am
gonefishin wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:30 pm Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Ah... The best time of life as the kids start looking after themselves!!! I'm in the same boat and loving it!

How far are you willing to go? Or are you really hoping for local spots?

I don’t mind going a few hours out. They are used to going with me to Muskrat lake in the fall.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

smitty55 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:04 pm I would suggest you contact Yannick Loranger at https://www.ottawariverfishing.ca/
He works out of Rockland and has luxury bungalows if you want to go for overnights.

I will reach out to him for sure….thanks so much.