Crowe and Belmont Lakes

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
goshawk
Participant
Participant

Crowe and Belmont Lakes

Post by goshawk »

I've never been to either of these bodies of water, but a friend has invited me over to give them both a try. I'm not asking for your secret spots, but what I am looking for is any navigational hazards that might not be plainly marked. I'll be in a bass boat, so fairly shallow draft. Appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
Lionel
Retired USAF Sergeant
Fordpodolski
Participant
Participant

Re: Crowe and Belmont Lakes

Post by Fordpodolski »

Fish both quite a bit as my father lives about 10mins away from both. Belmont is great for bass and pike. Always had great luck fishing the top point of the “big island” and the smaller ones above that, if looking from the public boat launch.

For Crowe, there are some deep holes what used to be old mine shafts apparently, I’ve fished around there, off to the right from the public boat launch. That, and around the same area, there is a small island with a small light house on, I’ve caught some good pike around there and a few of the smaller islands right around it!

I know there are some shallow shoals on Belmont near the twin islands, however you can almost see them on google maps.. That’s all I got!
goshawk
Participant
Participant

Post by goshawk »

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I was looking for. I just didn't want to leave my lower unit on the bottom by running across a bunch of unmarked rocks!! Much apppreciated!!
Lionel
Retired USAF Sergeant
goshawk
Participant
Participant

Post by goshawk »

We did pretty well on Crowe last weekend. I think the high pressure gave the bass a bit of lockjaw. There's one obstacle that we found almost by accident. Just outside of the river as you enter the main lake, there's a sand bar that can't be more than 2 feet deep. As we crept out of the river, we saw a couple of people stand in water less than knee deep, so we figured that we shouldn't be going that way! :D
Again, thanks for the previous info.
Lionel
Retired USAF Sergeant