March Break Road Trip Part 2.... Toronto Sportsman Show

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

March Break Road Trip Part 2.... Toronto Sportsman Show

Post by JimW »

March Break Road Trip.... Day 2

Left our hotel in Niagara Falls around 8 am heading for the Toronto Sportsmen's Show!!! Arrived at the show around 10 am and meet up with Tim C. to give him the Sportman's Show tickets he won from my Fish-Hawk.Net Facebook page and then went inside to check out the show.

The show was a little smaller then previous years do to various issues related to covid, supply chains ..... but it was great to actually be able to go to a fishing show again and the new owners of the show Master Promotions Ltd. did a great job getting the show off the ground again after taking over the show. Looking forward to seeing the show continue to grow in futures years.

Once inside the show we checked out the various products being displayed, talked to some of the various lodge owners looking for potential spots for future fishing adventures and chatted with old and new fishing friends.... It does not get much better than that!!

I personally did not purchase very much but their were some good deals at the show from various product manufacturers and tackle shops. My big purchase were some custom painted Rapala Deep Husky Jerks from the Tackle Depot Canada booth, you cannot have too many crankbaits for Bay of Quinte trophy walleye. If anyone is heading to the show go visit Greg Amiel from Fishing4Tails in the Tackle Depot Canada booth and he can get you hooked up with some sweet crankbaits.

A few other things that caught my eye while touring around the show...

Not my thing but DAS KING Kayaks had some pretty nice fishing kayaks fully rigged with foot petals or an electric trolling motor.... and some pretty good discounts on the prices of some models.

Red Bear Outdoors, as well as Action Car and Truck Accessories both had some very cool tents for on the top of pick up trucks... which definitely caught my eye as something like that would be perfect for my Chevrolet Colorado.... no more hotel rooms when fishing!!!

Another cool new product that will be launched soon and I am very curious to check it out is the new mobile app Guided. The app connects Guides and Outdoor Enthusiasts for the purpose of booking adventure tours such as Paddle Sports, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Birdwatching....

And lastly for anyone going to the Sportsman's Show and looking to up their ice fishing game for 2023 I would suggest you go to the ARGO XTV booth and check out the ARGO Sherp Pro XT and the Agro Ice Hut!!

Lots of other great things at the show and some great seminars coming up this weekend.

So if anyone is looking for something to do go check out the Toronto Sportsmen's Show it is on until Sunday, it's no more expensive than going to see a crappy movie.... and you get to talking about fishing!!!

We left the sport the middle of the afternoon on Thursday to avoid rush hour traffic.... on our way home we stopped by Lake Ontario and fished for steelhead for an hour or so, no fish for us but we did see two steelhead caught near us and just good to be casting on open water!!
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing