SPRING FISHING FOR 2022

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Suddsy2
Participant
Participant

SPRING FISHING FOR 2022

Post by Suddsy2 »

So, I am getting impatient for some spring shore fishing!!I was diagnosed with a terminal cancer about three months ago and I want to get as much fishing in as I can we while I am still able to. I am definitely neither looking for or wanting any sympathy just stating my reason for being in a hurry to get fishing. It is my goal to be around for another couple of years to enjoy some shore fishing. I love to fish and but unfortunately I expect it be a challenge with my mobility issues for anything other than shore fishing. I actually really enjoy shore fishing for pan fish, bullheads, perch, channel cat as well as the pike and bass when the seasons open. My challenge will be to find locations that are accessible to me. Of immediate interest is the spring fishing for the bullheads, channel cat and pan fish. With the spawning season for these fish probably only 3 or 4 weeks away (hopefully) I am on the hunt to find spots to fish in the Kingston area. If anyone has suggestions I would be pleased to hear them. We moved into Kingston to be close to the hospital so the areas between Bath and Gananoque would be my fishing range.
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: SPRING FISHING FOR 2022

Post by Corvus Lacus »

Check out "Quinte Fishing Forum"...a lot of Kingston folks post on that website. You should be able to get some pointers there. For example:

http://forum2.quintefishing.com/viewtop ... =1&t=21324

I can vouch for the locks at Kingston Mills (Cataraqui River)...I've stopped there a few times when I've had an hour or two to kill on trips to Kingston. You never know what you're gonna get there...Perch (mostly small but some keepers too) move in there in the spring...but there are also Pike, Crappie, Bluegill, Catfish too. I've even seen a lake run Rainbow Trout (Steelhead) caught there in April. Later on there are SM and LM Bass around, and in the autumn the occasional Chinook pokes their way up to the hydro station.
The tug is the drug..
Suddsy2
Participant
Participant

Re: SPRING FISHING FOR 2022

Post by Suddsy2 »

Thanks Corvus, your link to the Quinte fishing site and the info on Kingston Mills were really helpful on getting me started on some locations!!! I really appreciate the help!!!