Easton's Creek

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Easton's Creek

Post by threeparrots »

Alright gang... I'm going to venture out to Easton's Creek either this weekend or next.

Am I crazy or am I on the right track?! Any advice/criticism is welcome!!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Easton's Creek

Post by smitty55 »

Small long shallow creek for the most part with the odd larger pond in swampy areas so I'm not sure how it would be for winter kill. In the past they used to actually post the stocking coordinates but not any more so I have no idea where they stock it. Might take some bushwacking to get away from any roads but best to be sure you're not on private land.
Not sure why anyone would want to criticize, I say go for it, nothing to lose from getting out for a tour. Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
jsdx
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jsdx »

Its definitely worth the trip, the bushwhacking is a bit wet but it will be an adventure. Not sure I worried too much about crown land vs private the time I went

I gor a few very small brookies so I declared success. Was 5 years ago, was soaked and sore when I got out but had a great time searching for trout. I originally was tossing #0/1 inine spinners, some sections were tree lined so hooked up trees quite a few times... I changed to a small worm/splitshot drifted in pools which did the trick. Not fancy.

To be honest don't recall where we went in, we passed a quarry and followed some old GPS topo maps my buddy had on his device. Not sure it helped us much, his quote "we may be following a road or trail or just a topo contour" but we found water and were able to fish it. Go now, no bugs so its the time. If you wait, you'll be donating blood.

good luck
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Post by threeparrots »

Thanks for the replies! Pretty much right in line with my thinking too, which is great to hear.

I figure I'll just march on in with waders, fly rod & backpack and see how it goes. I just hope I don't have to spend more time bushwacking than fishing!
Walker
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Walker »

Where is this wonderful creek ? :?:
As the fish say
"DROP ME A LINE"

Mark
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Post by threeparrots »

Lanark... I've never laid eyes on it so that's about as much as I know at this point! :)