Boat launch Wolfe Lake near Westport.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Still Chasing
Participant
Participant

Boat launch Wolfe Lake near Westport.

Post by Still Chasing »

Can anyone offer any info on the boat launch on Wolfe Lake. I have a 14 ft boat on bunks towed by a car. Are there any docks and how is the slope.
Thank you
Chasenic
Participant
Participant

Re: Boat launch Wolfe Lake near Westport.

Post by Chasenic »

There’s 2 launch’s on Wolfe lake and neither of them have docks. I would recommend the launch at the end of Wolfe lake rd. It’s gravel, nice and wide, and not a crazy slope.
D-wayne
Participant
Participant

Post by D-wayne »

Wolfe Lake Association is pushing for a "Lead-Free" lake.
Just a heads up if you encounter any Crusaders.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

D-wayne wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:24 am Wolfe Lake Association is pushing for a "Lead-Free" lake.
Just a heads up if you encounter any Crusaders.
Yes the Wolfe Lake Association has started a "Lead Fishing Tackle Buy Back" Program to encourage anglers to switch to non-lead fishing tackle. It is a great initiative spread headed by a longtime member of this message board and fully supported by Fish-Hawk.Net and many tackle shops in Eastern Ontario. Nobody on the lake is going to bother anglers if they are using lead, as your post seems to imply.

I encourage everyone to check out the program. I currently use a mix of lead and lead alternative tackle when I fish. There are great alternatives to many lead fishing products out there and hopefully more will become available in the future.

Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing