Launch Closed

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Launch Closed

Post by smitty55 »

Just a word of warning and to save a wasted drive. Due to staffing shortages and lack of funds with Frontenac for maintenance at Silver Lake PP, in their infinite wisdom they have closed the park and barricaded the public launch. One person decided to bypass the barrier and somehow got caught and was issued a $200 fine. So basically because they have no one to cut grass and clean out the crappers they have closed down the only public launch to tax payers on a lake that is open year round and heavily stocked on the public dime.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Launch Closed

Post by Corvus Lacus »

Thats disgusting...considering the record revenues the Province is hauling in with sky high gas taxes and land transfer fees. I'd gladly give back my "bribe" of a licence plate refund to keep the parks open.

Too bad we don't have an effective MPP who can do anything about it. Even the Conservatives don't want him.
The tug is the drug..
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Launch Closed

Post by smitty55 »

So just to clarify the launch I'm referring to is the main public launch at that little park, not the PP, my bad.
Smitty

Straight shooter