Madawaska River Clay bank boat launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
dgd
Participant
Participant

Madawaska River Clay bank boat launch

Post by dgd »

Am just getting back into fishing and found the Claybank boat launch this week - never knew it existed. Know nothing about the river there - is it a reasonable place to fish? Are there any local depth chart maps of the Madawaska River above the dam at Arnprior? Would hate to hit bottom there. Went out to see the launch earlier today - from what I can tell, the rive appears to be quite rocky, but seems to be at a reasonable level as well.
Lots of old threads about problems at the Claybank launch with break and entry of vehicles - is that still an issue out there?
Thanks.
Doug
Lindy Rigger
Participant
Participant

Re: Madawaska River Clay bank boat launch

Post by Lindy Rigger »

Not sure about the B and E's. I presume we still have to get a parking permit at the old truck stop? Is that still a thing? Never launched there either.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I know they nailed a couple of older guys from East of Ottawa doing all the thefts out that way a couple of years back after setting up a sting operation with GPS transmitters at Eagles Nest parking lot. Don't recall hearing about any last year but regardless make sure to lock things up tight and out of sight as thefts still seem rampant all over with vehicles getting broken into even in driveways.
Smitty

Straight shooter
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Great fishery! She's plenty deep in most places, an lots of species.