After Work Walleye Wednesday!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

After Work Walleye Wednesday!!

Post by JimW »

Well I had not been out in the boat yet for walleye this Spring and with my boat out of service. I decided to join my buddy Matt for a few hours of walleye Wednesday fishing after work.

I met my buddy at the boat launch around 5:30 pm, launched his boat and we were off.... until a little mishap and we loose the plug for the boat. so we turn around and head back to the boat launch. After getting a new plug from a few angler (note always carry a spare plug or 3) we were back in business and we head back out in search of mister walleye.

Shortly after we set up for trolling we get a decent fish on and land a nice 36 inch pike, a decent fish but not what we wanted.

We continue trolling and then decide to move locations, setting up our trolling spread again at our new location, mainly running various Rapala minnow baits, we have some success and land some pike and oos smallmouth bass and a couple walleye.

We caught a few nice fish in a couple hours of fishing this evening but the first walleye of the evening was be far the highlight of the evening and the highlight of the 2022 fishing season so far.... my PERSONAL BEST WALLEYE!!!!

After a few quick measurements and photos she was released to fight another day. She measured in little over 31 inches and 13.4 pounds on the digital scale. A beast of a walleye!!! Another buddy of mine caught a 14.6 pound walleye last fall on my boat, but this is the biggest walleye I have personally caught!!! This one might be hard to beat this year.... but I am up for the challenge!!
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
Fisherman89
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: After Work Walleye Wednesday!!

Post by Fisherman89 »

Wow, what a fish! Congrats on the PB!
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: After Work Walleye Wednesday!!