Bobs lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baitfish
Participant
Participant

Bobs lake

Post by baitfish »

Renting a cottage on bobs lake in south west corner close to crow lake connection.

Looking for any tips, locations for Walleye, Crappie or Lakers?

Any help is well appreciated.
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Bobs lake

Post by Corvus Lacus »

What time of year ? Like any lake, patterns are seasonal.

I've had cottages/homes on Bobs and Crow for over 40 years. Obviously, I'm not going to reveal specific spots but I can point you in the right direction.
Let me guess...you're renting the place on Pine Cone Lane ?
The tug is the drug..
fishern00b
Participant
Participant

Post by fishern00b »

I'm planning a one day trip to Bobs Lake in the end of August. I'm trying to find information about public boat launch. I see one mentioned at 460 Steele Road but seems like it has been closed by landowner? Could somebody who is familiar with the area confirm that and give me advise where else I could launch my boat, please? Better for free but I don't mind paying too.
Fisherman89
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Fisherman89 »

I launched at the public launch at the end of Steele Road at the end of May. No issues. Not sure if things have changed since then...
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Corvus Lacus »

Steeles Rd and Crow Lake Rd ramps are both open and free. You can also launch at Sunset Country Campground...$10 in, $10 out.
The tug is the drug..
fishern00b
Participant
Participant

Post by fishern00b »

Thanks guys.

Corvus Lacus do you mean there is a direct access to Bobs from the Crow Lake Rd or launching on Crow lake off the public lunch and then going by boat to interconnection with Bobs lake?

If you don't mind, any tips or advise if I'll be targeting walleye in the end of August? Should I be looking near the weeds or deeper structures? Worms, minnows, leech, spinners, jigging raps or something else?
Chasenic
Participant
Participant

Post by Chasenic »

Crow lake connects to bobs through a small blasted out channel. Corvus knows way more about bobs than me but I used to troll lead core with cranks and find them suspended over deep water. Haven’t fished bobs in a few years tho.
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Corvus Lacus »

Yes there is a short navigable channel from Crow to Bobs. It's usually good until late September...then the lake levels drop. The Crow Lake launch is the nicest on the lakes, but parking can be a challenge.

Yes, late summer finds the Walleye suspended over deep water...feeding on Cisco. You want to fish 25 to 35 ft down over 70 to 100 fow. The west basin and Green Bay are the best spots. Start fishing at dusk on to 1am. We pull slim profile body baits in Cisco colours....Tail Dancers and Reef Runners are favourites in silver/blue/purple. Long leads or planer boards will make a big difference. Most of the fish will be big...very difficult to find keepers in the slot.

If you're looking for a fish fry...there's lots of good sized Crappies...fish the deep weedlines (especially Cabbage) at dusk with small brightly colored tube jigs under a slip float.

Best of luck !
The tug is the drug..