Yamaha F25 EFI

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
michael601
Participant
Participant

Yamaha F25 EFI

Post by michael601 »

I was thinking of buying a 2023 Yamaha F25 but I heard the tiller handle vibrates a lot at idling/trolling speeds. Since most of my fishing is trolling, this could be a problem, especially if your arm gets numb after a while. Does anyone have any views on this?
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Re: Yamaha F25 EFI

Post by pickereye chaser »

michael601 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:16 am I was thinking of buying a 2023 Yamaha F25 but I heard the tiller handle vibrates a lot at idling/trolling speeds. Since most of my fishing is trolling, this could be a problem, especially if your arm gets numb after a while. Does anyone have any views on this?
I waited nearly two years to get one and literally started break in yesterday on a new F25 so all my experience is 3 hours total and internet research!

Definitely vibrates but its a minor complaint. Its gone as soon as you throttle . Its one negative for 2 cyl that weighs significantly less compared to other brands that are 3 cyl.

I went from carbed 2 and 4 stroke motors and the throttle response is insane with EFI and im very done with dealing with gummed up carbs. The troll down button is a neat little feature. Let's you dial rpm from 750 to 1100. Good luck finding one! I've always been a fan of yamaha and local dealer is great.
michael601
Participant
Participant

Post by michael601 »

Many thanks for the info. So just to be clear, even if you troll for long periods at idle speed, the vibrations from the handle arent too distracting or annoying?
pickereye chaser
Participant
Participant

Post by pickereye chaser »

too soon to tell as I only have 3.5 hours on it and much of it is doing break and in and dialing in trim. But so far it hasn't bothered me.