Eager for ice

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Chasenic
Participant
Participant

Eager for ice

Post by Chasenic »

Anyone else can’t wait for ice? I’ve basically got everything sorted out now.
1E67DE03-4141-4C16-BC5E-400CCC1BE051.jpeg
1E67DE03-4141-4C16-BC5E-400CCC1BE051.jpeg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 630 times
170902E3-26D9-4DD7-A9EA-A011651D875E.jpeg
170902E3-26D9-4DD7-A9EA-A011651D875E.jpeg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 630 times
Some new additions from True North baits and SI flies I’m excited too test out. I even got a couple new frostbite lures too.

Any new lures people excited about for this ice season?
John Zach
Participant
Participant

Re: Eager for ice

Post by John Zach »

I can't wait for ice either, and though I don't wanna be the one to say it, we may have to wait another few weeks.

On the lighter note of new gear, I've got sooo many things I'm excited to try. Got myself my first pop-up shack, the Eskimo Outbreak 450i (predecessor to the XD version, basically the same), I upgraded my old auger to a Strikemaster 40V which should be sweet, and a bunch of new stuff from Frostbite. A few rods, some more dinner bells, their new Diesel 1000 ice reel, but I'm most excited to try their new headspin jig and the scissorkick spoon. They should be DEADLY!

If I don't see a change in the forecast in a week or so, I might start losing hair! Be patient, though, and stay safe this season!

Tight lines, all
Chasenic
Participant
Participant

Post by Chasenic »

Nice, heard good things about that hut. I’m hoping to upgrade my hut too an insulated as well this season.

This will be my first season trying frostbite I got some of tungsten spoons. Excite too use those for lakers.

Really hope I can get on the ice the week before Christmas.
John Zach
Participant
Participant

Post by John Zach »

Yeah I'm excited for the tungsten dinner bells too, I only got one micro-sized one to be able to drop down faster on Crappie in deeper water, but I'll probably order some more.

I was lucky with my hut, though. I got it off Kijiji completely unused for $400. Otherwise it wouldn't have been in my price range. I also got my Strikemaster barely used for 400. It pays to check Kijiji and FB marketplace often. If you don't want to break the bank on a new shack, definitely keep an eye out for a used one.