Drying an Insulated Pop-up

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
John Zach
Participant
Participant

Drying an Insulated Pop-up

Post by John Zach »

Hi everybody,

I have a bit of a dilemma with my new Eskimo Outbreak 450i. My basement just had a minor sewage flood while the shack was lying on the floor outside of its bag. Sine I would normally just fold out the sides a little bit and set a fan in front to dry it since my basement isn't big enough to set it up in, I had left it on the floor while I was out ice fishing yesterday. After finding it sitting in a couple inches of sewage water this morning, I'm not sure what to do with it. I cleaned it as best I could by spraying it down inside and out with a hose and then setting it up outside in my covered carport to dry, but since it's 99% humidity outside, I don't think it will dry out by itself anytime soon.

Do any of you have much experience and advice to give about drying out pop-ups, maybe even drying them outside?? I just bought my shack and I've only used it once so I don't have learned any tricks yet. I'm thinking of borrowing someone's buddy heater to put inside the tent to help it dry. If you have any ideas about or information on how to dry or "save" the tent I'd be very grateful.

Cheers
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Drying an Insulated Pop-up

Post by smitty55 »

That's a real bummer. I had two backups due to my aged 40 year old septic system two summers back and it cost me $25K to replace. Hopefully yours is just a plugged up pipe that can be cleaned out. Seeing as it came back up through the basement drain it must be between the house and the road.
That's what I would do for sure. Set up a heater inside and dry it real good. I would also suggest first spraying it down with a mild disinfectant to kill any nasty germs and then rinse it off with a hose before putting it back under your carport with the heater inside. Good luck.
Smitty

Straight shooter