Spring walleye trip 2023

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
jshow89
Participant
Participant

Spring walleye trip 2023

Post by jshow89 »

Hey I’m just looking for some help, we typically do a spring family fishing trip to BOQ. We are having a hard time finding lodging this year. Any other lakes people could recommend? We are 10-12 people half of that kids and mostly inexperienced anglers other than 2 in the group. Just looking for somewhere that we can bump into a few walleye for a fish fry for the kids one night of the trip.
CCLad
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Spring walleye trip 2023

Post by CCLad »

10 mile lodge in que is a good spot. Lots of walleye, pike generally good fishing. Not to far geographically from Ottawa (cross at the swisha dam hour 45 or so west of Ottawa) but the drive in and out is slow and bumpy (3 -4 hours to go about 90km). Rates are good, boats are supplied, 16 foot aluminums.. You can rent motors and the accommodations (we have only stayed at the main camp, not the out post camps) there are good.
CCLad.
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Spring walleye trip 2023

Post by Corvus Lacus »

Take a look at Lake Nipissing. The Walleye fishery has really bounced back in the last few years. Last September we hooked more than 50 Walleye over 3 days. Excellent Pike fishing too. We stay at the Waltonian, but lots of cottage rental resorts to choose from in the Callander and South Bay areas. Easy 4 hour drive from Ottawa on multi-lane (Trans-Canada) highway.

If you're willing to go further...check out the mouth of the Spanish River on Lake Huron...the WhalesBack Channel.. A little over 6 hour drive from Ottawa...again on the Trans-Canada. We usually stay at Brennan Harbour Resort. Vance's Resort and Blue Heron Resort are right there too. In the spring, it's probably the best Walleye fishing this side of Thunder Bay...better than most fly-in camps I've been to.

All these places fill up quick...I'd get on the phone/email asap.
The tug is the drug..