Stocked Trout Fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
John Zach
Participant
Participant

Stocked Trout Fishing

Post by John Zach »

Hi all,

Looking to get a little stocked trout action this weekend since most other things will be closed. I fished both Peterwhite and Green lake once last winter, with minimal success, but I feel a little more confident about trying one of them again. I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about either of them this winter, or if any of you know of some other stocked lakes that are still any good maybe you could pm me?

I'm also a little unsure of both Peterwhite and Green lake right now, however, since I know that ice can be a little sketchy at Green, and the hike into Peterwhite could prove pretty difficult if enough of the snow has melted. If anyone knows about either of those conditions at those lakes, I'd love to know too.

Thanks, and tight lines as always!
Corvus Lacus
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Stocked Trout Fishing

Post by Corvus Lacus »

PM sent.
The tug is the drug..
Tenkara
Participant
Participant

Post by Tenkara »

I'd love to know as well! Trying to find brookies!

Tried Indian Creek near Pakenham, which is apparently stocked, but the creek seemed devoid of life (at this time anyway). Even went upriver on a SUP, away from the bridge, and got absolutely nothing. Tried flies, streamers, nymphs, spoons and worms.

Would appreciate any input!
threeparrots
Participant
Participant

Post by threeparrots »

I'd take a little intel on this if available too... need to break in the 3wt!

:D
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Tenkara wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:58 am I'd love to know as well! Trying to find brookies!

Tried Indian Creek near Pakenham, which is apparently stocked, but the creek seemed devoid of life (at this time anyway). Even went upriver on a SUP, away from the bridge, and got absolutely nothing. Tried flies, streamers, nymphs, spoons and worms.
Would appreciate any input!
I would contact the ministry and find out where they actually do the stocking in Indian Creek. I highly doubt they would do it close to the Miss, more likely up by Sugar Bush rd if I was to guess. Back in the day the stocking lists would actually give the coordinates of where the fish were put in.
Smitty

Straight shooter